Summers here and it’s time to get outside and take advantage of everything Guelph has to offer! We have compiled a list of ideas of things to do this summer and hope this helps you get outside and enjoy the sunshine!
Situated on Speed River, you will find one of Guelph’s staples: Boat House.
- Rent a kayak or canoe
- Get Ice Cream
- Grab a bite to eat (soups, sandwiches, wraps etc)
- Lots of walking trails etc!
Sit back and relax with friends on a Patio!
- Baker Street Station (Speciality: Pub & Craft Beer)
- Sip Club (Speciality: Global, Casual)
- The Wooly Pub (Speciality: Pub & Craft Beer)
- Royal Electric (Speciality: Pub Food & Craft Beer)
- Miijidaa Cafe + Bistro (Speciality: Canadian)
- Spring Mill Distillery (Speciality: Premium Spirits & Local Food)
- Beertown (Speciality: Craft Beer)
- La Cucina (Speciality: Italian)
- Borealis (Speciality: Canadian)
Explore The Arboretum At The University Of Guelph –
The Arboretum has over 400 acres making it the perfect destination to continuously explore. Almost every tree is tagged with species and info, and the grounds are sectioned into tree groupings such as native Ontario, Italian, English and Japanese Gardens. There is a unique playground for kids and a park bench every 25 feet. Lots of free parking, free access, and the Arboretum is bike, dog, and stroller-friendly.
Lady Glaze Doughnuts – Milkshakes
Looking for a sweet way to beat the heat? Stop into Lady Glaze’s and choose one of their many milkshakes! The one shown in the photo above is the
Guelph Farmers Market –
Spend your Saturday morning touring through all the incredible vendors Guelph has to offer. 7AM-12PM
Guelph Lake – Walking/ Biking Trails
Pack your picnic basket and head out for a day spent on Guelph Lake! There are tons of biking/walking trails to follow.
Guelph Conservation Area
Need to cool off? Grab your bathing suits and head for a swim at Guelph Conservation Area.
Visit one of Guelph’s Breweries –
Start off the day treating yourself to breakfast at:
Guelph Rock Climbing – Looking for a challenge? Head out rock climbing at Guelph Grotto Climbing Co.
Guelph Axe Throwing – Switch things up and go fro drinks and axe throwing at Riot Axe
Escape Room – Fantescapes
Centrally located in downtown Guelph, Fantescapes is a unique, immersive escape room, puzzles everywhere and a boutique featuring art and craft items from some of Guelph’s greatest artists.